First of all, if you're reading this....THANK YOU! ^_^ I hope you find what I blog about entertaining, thought provoking, and inspiring so that you may go forth to do amazing things in your life.
The inspiration for this blog came when I was doing what the picture displays....cutting a pineapple. Funny how that works?! At that time in my life, I started my career at my dream place as a nurse, I was in a new city, and I was (and admit I still am) figuring numerous things in my life. Then it occurred....why not blog about it? I'm pretty certain that I'm not alone in these endeavors.
Secondly, I felt like my life was wrapped up in a title. While it's true that I love my profession and what I do, I am more than that...hence the name of my blog. Sometimes, I feel like I get trapped behind it and I admit, I use it as a security blanket at times but it's more to me than my profession.
Thirdly, I believe that there is a greater calling in my life than what my current situation depicts. While it is true that I am proud of what I have accomplished this far in my life, I honestly believe that my best days are in front of me and have not yet past. As I blog more, I hope you all will see this reason start to manifest in my writing.
So, there you have! My numerous reasons to starting a blog and how inspiration came from one task.
My promises to you:
1-I will keep this blog updated. In a time where information is being changed and updated also every second of every waking minute, I understand how important it is to be " in the know. " Therefore, I will make every attempt to update my blog with a posting at least 3 times a week. What days are you going to update you say? Well...keep checking in to see. Who knows? I may post something every day. :)
2. I promise to talk about a wide range of topics and not keep it focused on just my work life. As a nurse, I could easily write about my various encounters with patients, doctors, interns, residents, co-workers, etc. While that may occur on this blog, please do not expect it every post. That would defeat the title of my blog and honestly, I myself would not want to read about it every single post. I hope you all understand my point with this.
3. I promise to interact with you! Please feel free to share, comment, blog, tweet, text, etc. One of my hopes with this is to make it interactive and not just a one way thing.
Your promises to me (Come on?!....did you think you'll get off that easy?!)
1. If you do comment, share, tweet, etc...I do ask that you be respectful. I understand that in order to get respect, you have to give respect and I promise to do the same to you if you do it for me! I thank you kindly in advance! If I do find disrespectful comments, I will delete them...no exceptations!
2. Please don't hound me about posting. As I stated above, I will post at least 3 times a week but do understand I work 3, 12 hour shifts a week that can be intense, grueling, challenging yet also rewarding...(more about that in a future post)....
3. Most of all, the purpose of this blog is for entertainment yet I sincerely hope that you do gain a special insight of what nursing actually is (and not the crap you see on tv....more on that in later post) and the outside things outside of my life I do to give myself a balance. I do hope you enjoy my blog and visit it often! I promise to keep it fun, informative, and maybe inspirational!
Happy reading! Feel free to share this on your social media!